Find the right fit for your eyes at Bethany Vision Clinic.
Do you need vision correction but don’t want to wear eyeglasses full-time? Contact lenses are a great option for almost anyone.
We offer a wide selection at our Lincoln office, and our experienced team of eye care professionals can help you find the right contacts for you.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options?
There are many contact lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common contact lens types:
- Scleral contact lenses – Scleral contacts are a form of hard contact lens. They tend to be more comfortable and easier to adapt to secondary to their larger design. This allows them to vault over the highly sensitive cornea and land of the scleral which is a far less sensitive tissue. They are ideal lenses for patients with irregular corneas from conditions like Keratoconus or from previous scars or injuries. They also work well to stabilize vision in patients who have previously had RK surgery. We often use them to treat chronic ocular surface diseases like dry eyes. They have shown to be life-changing in the right patient.
- Hard contact lenses – Hard contact lenses are rigid gas permeable. This means that they are porous enough to allow oxygen to enter through to the cornea. Hard contact lenses keep their shape on the eye. As such, they are sometimes recommended to curb the progression of nearsightedness in younger wearers.
- Soft contact lenses – Soft contact lenses are popular because they are very comfortable for the wearer. Soft contact lenses don’t “pop out” the way hard lenses occasionally might. Soft lenses are appropriate to correct near and farsightedness and astigmatism.
- Disposable soft contact lenses – Intended to be worn for a short time, to help prevent allergic reactions or bacterial infections in sensitive wearers. Disposable lenses are also appropriate for children who might not take excellent care when cleaning their lenses.
- Extended wear contact lenses – Extended wear contact lenses are designed to be worn constantly for long periods of time – up to a week. They do need to be deep cleaned weekly, however. Unlike all other lenses, extended wear contacts can be worn while sleeping. The lens type allows sufficient oxygen to reach the eye for health.
- Daily wear contact lenses – Most contact lenses are daily wear. That is they are worn all day and then removed at night for cleaning. These lenses generally last until their given expiration date, at which point they must be discarded and replaced because the lens material begins to break down.
- Colored contact lenses – These are worn to enhance or completely change the visual color of the iris. They are still prescription contact lenses, however, and need to be treated with the same care you would give to regular lenses. Many — but not all — brands of contact lens companies offer colored lens options.
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Bethany Vision Clinic offers comprehensive eye exams at our Lincoln office. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a contact lens exam at Bethany Vision Clinic now.